Friday, January 28, 2011

Red Genitalia In Toddlers

Verlorengegangene Gerüche der Kindheit / Missing child smells

In den letzten Monaten habe irgendwie scharf begriffen, dass mir mindestens zwei in meiner Kindheit gängige Gerüche fehlt.

Erstens ist es der Geruch von Konditoreien der 1970er. Damals gab es nicht viel von diesen. In meinem Millionenstadt Charkiw gab es eigentlich only one such store in the central square, which was then called "Square of Soviet Ukraine." And the pastry itself was called "Wedmedyk" ("little bear").

For me, the little boy who lived on the edge of the big city, every visit to this bakery a party. My head swam in front of the colorful mixture of chocolate, coffee, cocoa and 'what else.

About This cake I've ever written. The store itself is interesting and full of history.
http://wlodek.livejournal.com/163572.html

Today it still exists.
Only in 2007, I wrote that the smell was peculiar in that store. But now it is over. Perhaps the reason is that firstly we use today much more artificial materials in the production of food, and also to sell coffee or cocoa in bulk, weigh in, been a long time.

Other reasons unknown to me.

And the second lost scent of childhood is the smell of the subway.
In my childhood, smelling the underground way. Particularly new lines and stations opened smelled very sharp and - I must say - even as pleasant. I can not describe the smell in more detail.

I understood what it is, as the early 1980s a full-trench with a shelter in order to advance military training the student has been excavated. In the USSR put a lot of importance on this subject. And the roof of the shelter was made using some wooden railway sleepers. And this wood swell smelled exactly like the Kharkiv metro in those years. The railroad itself is almost exclusively used thresholds of reinforced concrete. And only the underground was still preferred thresholds of wood. And these thresholds were impregnated with a resin. So the magical smell that can make it easy for a man Toxikomane came out from this resin. Today, using the U-Bahn reinforced concrete sleepers, the smell at all, thank God.


За останні місяці I felt somehow realized that some smells disappear with whom I have associated childhood. At least two such scents of childhood disappeared altogether, probably forever.

first smell - a unique fragrance Kharkov confectionery "Bear".
Well, it was unique for me - a guy from around Kharkov, for which the early year journey to the center was a whole event (I just loved running around the airport for hours looking through the mesh fence on maneuvers of aircraft on the platform terminal - Then it was still possible), but the trip to downtown - it was only accompanied by adults and often.

In pivtoramilyonne city full Confectionary shop was the only one. And he called the "Bear". Uniquely that he was perhaps the only shop that managed to survive in the same building since 1901 (!) Year, without changing profile activity. It is unique!
Pro "Bear" I already mentioned here:
http://wlodek.livejournal.com/163572.html

In the Bears' inside trading furniture was from the time most of Georges Bormann. In late 1970 it just surprised me confectionery and its refined interior and smell.

In the 1990-profile store has survived because it bought the building corporation Biscuit-Chocolate "- ironically, a former factory of Georges Bormann, but the law on restitution of Ukraine does not ... More
2007 I wrote about the unique smell in there. Now I understand that he smell childhood couple of decades has been held by most furniture, but slowly disappeared. The reason is obvious: first, almost no one out in the Ukrainian market is not using completely natural raw material. There is a real natural chocolate - but it is very, very expensive. To produce the same chocolate Ukrainian economy class. And second, now do not sell grain coffee and cocoa by weight.
Coffee and cocoa all but disappeared from the "Bear" because there are now being sold exclusively products of our kondfabryky.

The second scent of childhood that disappeared - a subway smell of my childhood.
When a person came in metro and fitted closer to the tunnel, it felt quite sharp, to some extent even the pleasant smell that I just had combined with the underground. Only problem was that I felt the smell only in the subway - no cellar or basement, etc..

source of this "smell of subway, I realized when my yard school in early 1980 to conduct lessons initial military training real trench dug for the entire length of the dugout. Military training in those times - it was the arch-important subject. The Soviet Union throughout its existence was preparing for war with the world. So at that time directors voyenrukiv viewed with respect, and students quietly feared, and then remembered all my life. I'm still leaving grenades from the trenches ...
So, dugout roof was made of wood railway sleepers. And from them thnulo so that you can easily become drug abuser. Common ground railroad - at least within Kharkiv railway node in the Brezhnev times - have long used concrete railway sleepers. But then something underground preferred wood that has been impregnated by some very fragrant resin.

Now Metro is already using the same concrete sleepers, which do not emit any fragrance. And thank God.

0 comments:

Post a Comment